75 A Bit Cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone.

My 75 is all set up and right now my levels are all pretty good. I have a little bit of nitrates, just over 0. The thing is, its still a little cloudy. I did have direct sunlight hitting it, but i covered up the window so that wasnt a problem anymore.

Will the cloudyness go away? What should i do?

Matt

heres a picture

For a while I thought my tank was still cloudy, then I discovered a film of dust the the inside glass, I cleaned it off and it made a noticeable difference. I doubt this is your problem, but try cleaning the inside glass and doing a 25-50% water change.

mine stayed a bit cloudy until i put some circulation in there...

the finer particles landed in the sump and things have been fine sine...

I have a skimmer hooked up but its not on cause it has a leak...if i were to get this going, would it help with the cloudiness?

Its going away a little bit, but its still a little cloudy...

I was worried you guys were going to say water change. HAHA. I havent done one in the 75 yet....

Any reccomendations on how i should go about it?

most folks will suggest a water change after your initial cycle.

Decide how much you're going to change, find a container that holds that amount and fill it with fresh RO water. Add a heater and powerhead and bring it up to the same temp as teh tank. When it's up to temp, add salt to bring it up to the same SG as the tank. let it mix for at least a few hours, many will say let it mix over night.

Then drain from your tank as much as you have mixed in the other container, then add the new water back in. You will likely want to turn off your pumps and powerheads when you drain the tank to keep them from running dry/pumping air.

Back
Top Bottom