75 GAL LIGHTING ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabber

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Currently have a 36" satelitte pc (off old tank) I want to upgrade so I can have coral and a clam. Can I just buy two metal halides and hang them above the 36" PC? I'm alittle concerned the PC would block some of the light from the MH's. I could push the PC to the front or back and put the MH's in front or behind?

Or scrap the ex. PC all together and get a 48" PC? Thanks

do you have a canopy?

clams.. i would consider 2-250W MH and you could use the CF with some 03 bulbs for accent lighting..

I would center the MH and put the PC to the front or back.. JMHO though..

You could also try to find a nice 48" retro kit or fixture and sell the 36" unit. Depends on if you have a canopy already. Were you going to do MH pendents or put them in a canopy.

I have 2x250 with 2x54 watt T5's over my 75 gal. Works out nicely. For clams, definatley go with MH.

Yes I have a canopy - which is part of the problem the MH's would only be about 6" off the water depending on the depth of the fixture. I would definately put a few cooling fans in the canopy.

I would like to keep the 36" PC and use two MH's I think this would be the cheapest way wouldn't it. Thanks again for the comments. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom