75 gal reef lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clearerphish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm either going to go with a 75 gallon standard or a 72 gallon bowfront. I'm sending my light fixture back I think, so I'm going to need to purchase a fixture. That's really what I want, a fixture.

I'll need MH lights for SPS/clams
I'd like a fluorescent option for actinics/daylight
I want moonlights, preferrably white, but blue is fine.

I've looked all over the internet and see some good fixtures, but if anyone has a 75 gallon tank and it's a reef and they want to recommend or recommend NOT purchasing a certain fixture I am all ears.

Obviously price is a consideration but I can probably roll up to 550 without getting outside my comfort zone.

The 75g and bowfront are both 48" wide.

I you have a canopy, there are a lot of retro kits out there. I run a CoralVue 2x250 MH with 2x54 T5 for actinics over my 75. Works wells for me.

I have the 72 gal bow front and love it. The curved front creates a neat effect. Besides the bowfront looks different and everyone seems to have a regular tank. I built a custom cabinet and hood for my tank. I have 2x175 20k MH and 2x110 VHO actinics. I'll have to get my wife to take some pics for me and upload them so you can see my design.

Ballast,Ballast, Ballast.
You get what you pay for.
I bout a no name DE Mh setup
of Ebay and the ballast had a constant
hum. Ice Caps are alittle more
expensive but they are energy efficient
and silent.

Back
Top Bottom