75 gallon BUILD! -Heera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
np.. if you stand off on the side of the tank and look down the front glass edge..you should see it.. my 125 does it a little

I checked for bowing it's not. Maybe because it's only 48" and have a 10" wide glass brace in the middle.

But I have another issue.
There are no leaks. I had cold and hot water in there for 5 days. But i can see small air bubbles under the silicon. Is that ok or do I need to strip and reseal the tank? :(

The stand I am thinking about leaving the coffee colour stained. But I will put 2x4's in each corner and place a 2x4 on the top on the. |___| like this with top piece too. Couldn't find any character to reflect that.:)

Would that be enough.

See the stand and colour and let me know what you think?

Oh the front doors are taken off for now.

Attachments

• image-1894118781.jpg
    image-1894118781.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 78
  • image-2362761286.jpg
    image-2362761286.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 68
i think your silicone should be ok, as long as they are micro bubbles. and TBO if that stand was built for that size tank, id just leave it alone. even though it may not look it, its built to handle the weight of that tank.

+1 on the silicone. But who built the stand? 2x4's are cheap, peace of mind is a gift unto it's self.

Thanks you guys.

Stand and tank I bought. It's sturdy but I will attach 2x4 in each corner anyways.

The silicon... It's ok but I will do a another coat on top just to be safe. It will be hidden under the sand Anyways.

Oh I am also using silicon on every joint on the stand and sealant on the rest. Inside. Outside I don't know if it had been sealed??? So not sure if I will coat outside too.

Any suggestion on the hinges that won't rust. Or any type of silicon over the other.

So done the silicon work on the stand and the 2x4 are done. Will post pics soon.

Tank I am afraid to touch...
I called someone today with a 90 gallon if that looked better I will buy that and sell This.

Next thing is converting mr 20 gallon tank into a sump. What plan is best ???
I will have css65 skimmer,hobfilter, heater and rock in there. So sump with refuse.

I am thinking of using rio 1200 to pump water up. I am deciding between PVC and overflow box to get water to the sump.

Let me know your thoughts or what you use or feel is a better choice.

Back
Top Bottom