75 gallon FOWLR filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy444

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am getting a 75 gallon SW tank.At my lfs the guy said to put in a 30 gallon long sump with a protein skimmer in side and a heater in the clean part of the sump.This is the planned stocking list:

x1 yellowhead jawfish
x1 sixline wrasse
x2 ocellaris clown
x1 royal gramma
x1 long-nosed hawkfish
x1 flame dwarf angelfish

Anyway is this good filtration???

you should have 1-1.5 lbs of live rock per gallon as part of your filtration. A fuge with some macro would be a bonus but if not the skimmer and the water changes should be enough.

thanks so I should then have 50 pounds of live rock and 25 pounds of base rock??Also I will prob. go for the skimmer.

Fishboy, as a last scrap of help as to the size of the tank and the cost: Last night, I was talking to PartyPalooza5 on here (he is another Aquarium Advice member, and he has a 75 gallon tank just like you are planning to get) about the price of his tank. We came up with $850 as a close estimate to the cost of his tank. He has a DIY skimmer that he made with stuff lying around his house so you can add another 100-200 dollars to that sum if he had used a store-bought skimmer, and most of the stuff that he got from his LFS was either on sale, or used. You may want to send him a message, because I dont want to see you start and then not be able to continue because of funds. Just some helpful info that you may want to look into...

alright, then in that case, have fun! Its also helpful to plan the equipment befre you get it. like a very thought out shopping list.

anyways, that sump should be good for that size of tank.

BTW I do like your signature. Sometimes I say good luck but I dont know why. I dont believe in luck either. Our tanks are what we make them.

Back
Top Bottom