75 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like a plan. From the research I have done with my DT upstairs and sump downstairs I need a pump capable of 950 GPH at 13.86 Head. At that point basically the only type of pump is an external so looking at mag 24.

Do you have your CUC in there yet?

Fish are people too!!!

No not yet. Set up cost have drained the pockets so it'll be a week or two before I get some snails and crabs. I'm not sure if I want to get a shrimp or not for this tank.

I probably wouldn't. Best thing is some assorted snails and hermits. If you get aiptasia then a shrimp may be in order, but more often then not all they do is eat hermits or get eaten by fish.

Fish are people too!!!

I probably wouldn't. Best thing is some assorted snails and hermits. If you get aiptasia then a shrimp may be in order, but more often then not all they do is eat hermits or get eaten by fish.

Fish are people too!!!

Shrimps neither eat hermits nor get eaten by most fish. They will eat anything dead they find, but so will crabs and hermits. Also not all shrimp eat aiptasia, only peppermints and even that's not guaranteed. Op shrimp can make great additions to reef tanks and are fun to watch. Skunk cleaners are my personal favorites since they have so much personality and are almost always out and about.

So I am going to get a new ro/di unit. I currently have the coralife 75gpd unit but cost of filters is high. I was thinking about getting the BRS 4 stage plus 75gpd unit, filters for that are only 22.99 as opposed to 49.99. Or if anyone can let me know where to find the coralife filters cheaper that would be appreciated.

So I am going to get a new ro/di unit. I currently have the coralife 75gpd unit but cost of filters is high. I was thinking about getting the BRS 4 stage plus 75gpd unit, filters for that are only 22.99 as opposed to 49.99. Or if anyone can let me know where to find the coralife filters cheaper that would be appreciated.

I had that issue with coralife bulbs too in the t5ho unit of theirs I had. Special sized bulbs only they made.
Brs makes great units. You can probably find a good one on eBay as well, but you can custom on things you want with brs, like inline tds meter and a pressure release. I wish I out a release on mine, they build up a ton of pressure and it has been a struggle to get them off at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I could pay $60 for all the filters if I switch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Filters and di resin should be about 32 bucks to refill a 5 stage system. Not sure where you get 60 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was adding in the membrane as well

How often do you change the filter on a ro/di unit?

The regular filters are suppose to be changed every 6-12 months and the membrane ever 2-3 years.

Yea my water isn't all horrible so mine doesn't need changed as much my tap water comes out at 70 TDS. I run a purifier on my water line so I have cleaner drinking water.

So now I am getting a lot of micro bubbles in my display it is coming from my skimmer. My skimmer is in the second chamber and my baffles go over, under, over before it gets to my return section. Can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom