75 gallon saltwater tank questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrMike2u

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Been into fresh water tanks for over 20 years. Taking the plunge into my first saltwater tank. I have a 75 gallon tank with about 100 lbs of live rock and 80 lbs of live sand. With 2 circulation korline 400 pumps moving water it's been running a few days now. My tank is not drilled. Wanted some advice on a filter system that will work for me. I'm starting out with fowlr for now, until I get the filtration system purchased and running then I'll buy a good light and introduce some reef items. I just want to start slow do to the cost... I was kinda rushed into tank, rock and sand it was a take now deal for $250. Live rock and sand was in an established tank for past 5+ years. Thanks

Run some tests, i would do a copper test as well if the guy had no coral in it. But it sound like your good to go!

I would like to build a overflow/sump for it. I've been watching a lot of of videos on YouTube looks pretty simple and a lot less money then buying new. What's your opinion... Thanks

Take the rock out and put it in a rubbermaid bin with a power head and a heater and drill the tank. Make a sump out of any glass tank.

I would increase the flow inside that tank bigtime. Two 400 gph power heads isn't much of anything. I would start with two 1500 gph power heads..

Back
Top Bottom