75 Gallon T5 Lighting Advice(should I even upgrade?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whisnantrider

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys and gals,

Looking for some input on a few questions. I'm new to the coral/salt water game so please be gentle.

I have been finding a few things hear and there suggesting that I could possibly over do it with my lights for the soft corals that I am trying to keep. I am looking to upgrade to a 4 or maybe 6 bulb t-5 ho fixture from a 2 bulb t5 ho on my 75 (1-10000k and 1-actenic). I only have few pulsing xennia, a kenya tree and 3 small green buttons right now and am only looking to keep those and add some assorted mushrooms, green star polyps and frogspawn.

So that being said. Every one looks very happy now they are up high in the tank and doing well. I do feel like I need to upgrade the lighting. Would you guys suggest a 4 or 6 bulb t5 ho fixture for a standard 75 gallon? Is it really possible I could upset the softies with to much light? Should I even upgrade my lighting right now?

Thanks for any input.

i don't think you can over do it with light, just place the low lights on the sand bed or closer to a live rock shadow.

Back
Top Bottom