75 Gallon Tank or 120 Gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fltekdiver

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going nut's. I bought 4 tanks in the past 2 weeks off CL

I have a brand new 75 Gallon Drilled tank, never used, got for FREE when I bought the 90 Gallon Wave tank last night ( paid $400.00 for both tanks, and stands ) Plus a ton of extra stuff

My wife doesn't like the 90G Wave tank, so I put the 90G wave tank back up for sale for $400 , so basicly, the 75G tank is FREE !

It's my FIRST Salt Water set up, should I stick with the 75G Drilled tank, or just sell it also, and buy a 120 Reef tank off CL, I can get one right now less then a year old, tank and stand for $300 , measurements are 48"x24"x24"

I bought a REEF Octopus protien skimmer new, 150G, not sure it would be big enough for the 120 tank

Thoughts?

Wife says start with the 75G, get it up and running for a few years, learn the hobby, then go bigger

You what they say Bigger is better ;).....peronally i would do the 120g as i am in love with them. I have 1 and will probably never get rid of it.

You could always do both! Once you start you want more. My wife has her own tank, my son his own and my own tank! I do all the water changes they do the spending and arranging.75, 46 and 36 looking for a 120 on CL and building another 75 we got for free wife wants that one needs more room she says.

Yes, I'm in Melbourne, about 90min north of Jupiter

I used to dive a few years ago allot out of Jupiter, and West Palm

I have a 21' boat, we take down to Jupiter about once a month to fish outta their, good off shore fishing south of me

That's cool, I love this area for both reasons. Off of Jensen beach blvd there's a lfs called Fintastic check them out on one of your trips down here good deals. How's the water up there one of the reasons I ask was I use ocean water from the Palm Beach Inlet so having numerous tanks is not a big expense or deal with the water changes.

I live about 20 minutes from beach, but I wouldn't use the water up here. In palm beach the Gulf Stream is right their, you get really clean water along the beaches and inlets. Up here, it's 25 miles from sensation inlet, and 35 from port canveral . So you don't get clean water along the beaches.

Thanks everyone for your help, I just ordered a brand new Aqueon 120G Tank today from the LFS, $484.00 + tax

It will be in by next Thursday !!

Time to start making a stand this weekend!

I'd personally say just wait. Being as to how the tank is 48" long, you're losing out on the #1 benefit of a 125... The 6ft length for swimming

Don't want the 125G , I don't like longer tanks that are narrower

I always bought wider tanks, my FW tank is a 40G breeder

I'm sticking with the 120 footprint :)

That's the beauty in this hobby. There's so many choices to fit our individual desires. Still a great addition and you can officially say you're in the triple digit club lol

Back
Top Bottom