75 inches of fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wrkalot

Aquarium Advice Activist
Using the calculator it says my 75 gal SW FO tank can have up to 75 inches of fish (minus the tails). Is that right? Sounds like a lot of fish to me.

Then you picked the wrong calculator. We have two. One for FW and one for SW. The FW one basicly gives you 1inch for every gal where as the SW will give you 1inch for every 5 gal.

Take into account that the figure is given for adult, fully grown fish. Just because they're only 2 inches when you buy them doesn't mean they'll stay that way for long. :)

You say that like we wont kiil them off before the become full size adults 8O

We assume that you wont intentionally kill the fish as they get larger. Also remember thats the MAX suggested level and not the level you should try to get at.

I don't have any intensions of maxing out the tank from the get go... or at any point for that matter. I just think it's important to understand the limitations and plan accordingly.

Ive only had one MFD it was a rather large Sailfin Blenny about 4 inches long (my largest fish( never saw him anywhere cant imagine that juat died and the worms ate him in less than a couple of hours) ???

Back
Top Bottom