Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
75 or 90g Aquarium Stand

i am trying to prep a little for my new aquarium. i am trying to place a sump under my 30g but i am finding that i cant fit a nice size sump under it. so i was thinking of buying a much larger stand say a 75 or 90g stand and place my 30g on top. With this stand i can buy my 40g long and use it as a sump for all my equipment. Is this a Good idea?

--Michael-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
It would hold it just fine as for weight and would allow you to expand if you chose to . The one thing I had on ALL my stands was plexi for water drips , if you go larger you will have a bit more "work" space if you went that route .. I have seen some nice stands at walmart and target that you can use the shelfs for displaying some nick naks and such but they do not have a big space for a sump the one I have in my BR has 2 shelfs and 2 doored areas that you could put 2 smaller sumps under ...
Nanoreefing site
2 nanos
10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote

aquarium stand, stand, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com