75 reef build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i had a questions..?? what corals u had in mind..?? if u go 6-8 tubes with single reflector, u can keep SPS for sure..!!
if u juz plan to have some hardy corals, LPS n softies in mind, 4 tubes of t5 with single reflector will do the job.....u can have 1xt5 daylight tubes, and go with ATI for another 3 for coloration....

I want a galaxea. Torch coral. Some different polyps. But I'm not sure and hard corals. But that make me very excited that I could keep them! I just bought a 4 bulb t5 on craigslist today so I'll have a total of 6 bulb t5 HO

with that total amount of t5 tubes, yes u may keep all the corals u mentioned except SPS....if u want to keep SPS in future, u can diy all the tubes with single reflector.....btw, im not reading all the thread along carefully n sorry if this had been mentioned early, can i know your tank dimensions instead of 75gal..?? sorry for the difficulties...

you should be good to keep some of the higher-light corals...and even house low-lights down by the sand level

Ummmm the tank is 48" by 20" by 16" I think lol that's a complete guess though. It's just a basic 75.

But good I want to be able to but done corals down by the sand

oh thanx for the info....with 6 tubes 54watt of t5, sure u can keep the corals...JMO, i will go with 2 daylights consists of 12k Kelvin tubes and the other 3 will be actinic and aquablue and the other one will be purple....that will bring up the corals color and growth....

Thank you very much you answered my question before I could ask it! Lol ya I'll definitely try that out. I'm also very excited because the 4bulb t5 also has a strip of LED moonlighting so I'm excited about that also. Does moonlighting do anything? Or just looks nice at night?

moonlight had nothing to do with grow or else for corals...its juz a low light spectrum with low watts to avoid some shock to the corals and fish when the DT go off...its juz like us, what will happen to your eyes when your house lights suddenly when blackout..?? this moonlights can give the fish and corals to settle down before totally out of lights and of course, a nice view at night with the shimmering effects from the LED.....

I LOVE blue moonlighting!!! In a pitch black room, the shimmer effect is amazing, that's what sold me on my tank

Ha I know I love it too!

But ya very good point I never thought about it like that how it calms them down before bed time. Also good to wake them up!

It also doesn't disturb there "sleep" schedule. Supposedly the wavelength of the blues let us humans view them at night without actually waking the fish up.....just what I heard though

So what kind of hard corals are your guys favorites? That way I can get some ideas. Or does anyone have a good website I can look?

owh btw, u can view a lots of others live stock activity at that time....juz watch your tank carefully and u will see lots of thing that u didnt know was exists in your tank......

So what kind of hard corals are your guys favorites? That way I can get some ideas. Or does anyone have a good website I can look?

u can have a look at liveaquaria for reference and what they need to survive in our captivity tank....

Ha ya I imagine I'll sit there and stare at it for hours with the moon lights on

Yep I completely agree. That's how I got hooked into this obsession of mine lol.

Back
Top Bottom