75 reef build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't some corals need the moonlights for reproduction

I will have to check with a different mike who is out of town till Monday but I'm going to the lfs later today so I will pick his brain if he dosent know I will talk to mike Monday night when he's over. In the meantime someone will probably chime in that knows a lot more than I do

Ya I've heard some do that with moonlight.

But abd sorry if I'm answering the wrong question but my 75 is 48.5" x 18.5" x 21"

no moonlights are just for the viewer, they don't do much as far as livestock and corals go.

i've read that it may help with the spawning of fish but i wouldn't bother. if you want to do some tank viewing at night get a flishlight with a red lense and view all the critters

Ya I don't really want any spawning to happen lol so that's completely fine with me

hi hiltymj...it was just 0.5" different..i wont bother that...LOL
but i think it was supposed to be 48 instead of 48.5"....

Alright I got a total of 6 bulbs now. Now what about a protein skimmer thats my next and final piece of equipment. Thoughts? I'm running a canister with my 75

Couldn't maintained pwc's rule out the skimmer?

***edit***** he's got corals, nvm on skipping out on the skimmer

so u dont have any sump to put your skimmer..???
if u had a budget, try to have a sump...u could have so many skimmer to choose then...im not trying to say HOB wasnt good enough, but it was in term of right thing at the right price.....JMO

Ya I would like to set up a sump with a refugium one of these days but a hang on is the way I'm gonna go.

You'll be ok:) just keep in mind that hang ons usually don't have the holding capacity that in-sumps do, so always make sure to empty it

Back
Top Bottom