75G Build, First Timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With most of the stuff we deal with, the actual number we try to maintain is very important but it seems that wild fluctuations are even worse.

I have a spare heater, so I'd probably be able to maintain a steady temperature, albeit a high one.

So would keeping a constant temperature of say 85 or 84 be very detrimental in a QT?

I would say no, but I'm not sure.
I know if you're treating disease, my LFS told me to crank the heater up to 84 and they had it as high as 86.

scottayy said:
I would say no, but I'm not sure.
I know if you're treating disease, my LFS told me to crank the heater up to 84 and they had it as high as 86.

Hmm, I might ask around some more, but it's looking like it might not be the best of ideas. The weather's gotten more pleasant now though, and we're finally breaking out of the endless summer, so it might be feasible.

I'm thinking of doing a "dry" run (or in this case wet run lol) with just some tap water, a circulation pump, and a thermometer, to see how hot it gets in there once the cold front we've got goes away (it's gotten down to 75, which is getting close to chilly by Miami standards lol). If it hovers around the low 80s then I might give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom