Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-25-2003, 02:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
75g Reef - Any Suggestions on how to stock?

[b]I have a 75g reef tank with an assortment of 15-20 corals. I use a protein skimmer, live rock and sand bed for filtration. All my fish suddenly died recently (although the water checks out just fine) I think it was a parasite of some sort. I have to restock, the fish store guy recommends 5-6 fish. Any sugesstions on cool, hearty, reef friendly fish to stock? Money is not that big an issue.

podo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 02:53 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Make sure you fol;ow the recommended rule of 1" per 5 gallons of water. I think the LFS suggestion of 5-6 fish is fine, provided they are small fish and remain small. I would recommend a couple of clowns, dottyback, hawkfish, a yellow or purple tang.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 03:23 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
I recommend you go to a place off westheimer called "fish land". I recently went
there and they have a fantastic selection of healthy fish at more than reasonable prices. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I am 5 hours away and I think I am going to make them my fish store
Hara is offline   Reply With Quote

75g, reef, stock, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com