75g Reef - Any Suggestions on how to stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

podo98

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 75g reef tank with an assortment of 15-20 corals. I use a protein skimmer, live rock and sand bed for filtration. All my fish suddenly died recently (although the water checks out just fine) I think it was a parasite of some sort. I have to restock, the fish store guy recommends 5-6 fish. Any sugesstions on cool, hearty, reef friendly fish to stock? Money is not that big an issue.

Make sure you fol;ow the recommended rule of 1" per 5 gallons of water. I think the LFS suggestion of 5-6 fish is fine, provided they are small fish and remain small. I would recommend a couple of clowns, dottyback, hawkfish, a yellow or purple tang.

I recommend you go to a place off westheimer called "fish land". I recently went
there and they have a fantastic selection of healthy fish at more than reasonable prices. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I am 5 hours away and I think I am going to make them my fish store :)

Back
Top Bottom