Ok I'm gonna take this a couple steps back and go back to the plumbing. I have a few questions.
Info: 75G tank, 40G sump
If I purchase the 1500 GPH
overflow box kit here:
1) What thickness of PVC
should I use? 1.5" right? That's what they're saying?
2) There are two drain lines, what is the point of this?? And they both go down to the same place in my sump?
2) I want to do my sump like this:
(Not really a question but unsure if it will help with answering my next question)
3) What kind of pump should I get and what GPH
do I want the pump to be?
4) The plumbing going up the return will have a ball check valve with unions. (And the return pump will have unions too) do I use the same size PVC
I used on the drain line?
5) If I wanted to put my overflow box in the middle (there's no centre brace) of the tank and one return line on each side - can I split the one return into two halfway up the PVC
Ps. I really appreciate answers and fairly quick replies would be great. I'm trying to figure all of this out and my boyfriend just wants to put in a canister which I think is a no-no. So as long as I figure it all out he's ok with the sump. But he is also impatient and wants to get it set up lol.