8 gallon stocking questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LittleFishiez

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got an innovative marine 8 gallon Nuevo and was wondering on how I should stick it. The ideal situation for me would be to get an ocellaris pair and a goby and shrimp pair, the only problem is I feel like that would be way overstocking the tank. So I was just looking for some advice and opinions as to how I should stock my tank, excluding corals for now.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I just got an innovative marine 8 gallon Nuevo and was wondering on how I should stick it. The ideal situation for me would be to get an ocellaris pair and a goby and shrimp pair, the only problem is I feel like that would be way overstocking the tank. So I was just looking for some advice and opinions as to how I should stock my tank, excluding corals for now.

I would say no to any clowns at all in that tank. However, a goby and shrimp pair would probably be fine. Then possibly a firefish? That would probably be it.

I would put a clownfish in there if it were me. You'll get about half for and half against the clownfish so it's up to you

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would put a clownfish in there if it were me. You'll get about half for and half against the clownfish so it's up to you

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you've had a clownfish in a large tank or even seen a full grown perc/occ, you wouldn't agree with it in an 8 gallon cube. 8 gallon long, maybe. But an AIO the actually display is only like 6g with little swim room. And it's a definite no for a pair.

If you've had a clownfish in a large tank or even seen a full grown perc/occ, you wouldn't agree with it in an 8 gallon cube. 8 gallon long, maybe. But an AIO the actually display is only like 6g with little swim room. And it's a definite no for a pair.

+1, you could do one of the smaller prawn gobies with a pistol though. A red banded hi fin and candy cane would be my suggestion.

Thanks for all the feed back! The goby that I would like would be a clown goby. I don't think that that's too big, I've seen one at the local reef store, and my favorite shrimp is the harlequin shrimp but I've heard that they can be harder to care but I don't have any real experience with them.

A clown goby would be perfect for the size, I had one and they are small but have big personalities :). And as for harlequins, I recommend against them mainly because they can only eat starfish, and only the tube feet. Too much work to procure so many starfish constantly for a little shrimp IMO. Maybe some sexy shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom