90 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deejay62

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi reefers!
We have a cycling 90 gallons tank in process. We are cycling with shrimp. We set it up on March 16th and my shrimp has wasted to nothing. I have checked my parameters today: ammonia: .50ppm. Nitrites: .0ppm nitrates: 20ppm. What do you guys think, should I put more shrimp? I had 4 in a media bag.

it cant have any perfumes or surfactants if you have an ace hardware near buy they sell it there

Oh, ok. Yes there is an ace hardware near by. When I buy it, how much do I add to 90 gallons

Oh, ok. Yes there is an ace hardware near by. When I buy it, how much do I add to 90 gallons

now that im not too sure on ive always ever used the shrimp method so you can try and google it or maybe another member can chime in

Is it because I used frozen shrimp instead of raw shrimp?

It will only take about a capful of pure ammonia to get to 4ppm. Just add little at a time til you get to 4ppm.

If I'm not able to get the ammonia, how many shrimp for cycling a 90 gallons should I put in?

Ok, two it is! Here we go again! Hmmmm.......could it be that the reason it's taking so long to get a spike is that I am cycling with base rock 85lbs, 80lbs of dry sand and 10lbs of live sand?

Back
Top Bottom