90 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deejay62

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here is a quick update on our 90 gallon reef tank, we are starting to get coraline algae on our rocks! WINING!

Stock:
10 blue leg hermit crab
1 emerald green crab
6 snails
2 peppermint shrimp ( which I've only seen one lately )
2 percula clownfish
2 green chromis
1 coral beauty
1 yellow tang
1 blue hippo tang

Corals
Leather toadstool
Duncan coral
Hammer coral
Green star polyp
Flower pot coral or daisy polyps
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401311828.759581.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401311866.601540.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401311971.879714.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401312001.096124.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401312038.034790.jpg

Very nice, I'm going to be putting my 90g up in a few weeks myself so I'll follow along.

Just so you know, quite a few people are going to comment on that blue hippo. Once it gets a little bigger it's really going to need a bigger tank.

The yellow tang might like a little larger of a tank too.. Not a terrible problem if you have someone to give them too :)
Not sure if you are aware of the tangs that can be kept or are recommended I should say?

The yellow tang might like a little larger of a tank too.. Not a terrible problem if you have someone to give them too :)
Not sure if you are aware of the tangs that can be kept or are recommended I should say?

Yellow tang in a 75g / 90g tank is debated but I see enough people agreeing that it can work to give it a try myself. I currently have one going through hyposalinity for my 90g. Worst case scenario it's a good reason for a tank upgrade in the next year or so :whistle:

Yellow tang in a 75g / 90g tank is debated but I see enough people agreeing that it can work to give it a try myself. I currently have one going through hyposalinity for my 90g. Worst case scenario it's a good reason for a tank upgrade in the next year or so :whistle:

I think it can vary by the actual fish itself. I'd say pry 85% need larger tanks though. In this hobby there is always and exception.

I know about the tangs, and I do have someone to give them off too. ?

Back
Top Bottom