90 gallon reef journey!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cardinal3420

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well picked up my setup from a guy off of craigslist. It included a 90 gallon drilled tank, wood stand,Sump/refugium, skimmer, and pumps. Also numerous books. All this for $200.00, something I could not pass up. This will be a reef tank but I'm debating on what to use for a lighting system. On my nano I use halides but may be willing to try some LEDs. It's going to be a long slow project but will be well worth it though!

Attachments

• image-2564456225.png
    image-2564456225.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 99
  • image-958803859.jpg
    image-958803859.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 114
  • image-3402294744.jpg
    image-3402294744.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 110
  • image-1848370134.jpg
    image-1848370134.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 116
Nice pickup, tank looks to be in great condition. I probably wouldnt have passed it up either LOL

I love the dimensions on the tank! It'll make for some nice coral scaping:) if you got the $$$, def go led. They are relatively pricey but the initial cost is all you have to spend, no replacing bulbs every year, and no bulky ballast/heatsinks :) good luck

I agree! I have Been looking at the panorama led system. I'd need 2 of them for my tank. The cost 700-800 a piece but I look at it as an investment, as well as a money saver over time. It just has to be enough to keep SPS and clams. Any ideas on some other LED systems that can do this as well? Maybe cheaper lol?

Nice buy.One suggestion,take those stainless steel clamps off the pump hose.Either use the plastic clamps or zip ties.

Yeah I'm going with the plastic ones for sure, I'm replacing all the return hose too. I spent hours yesterday cleaning all the equipment.

This will be the first fish addition. Not sure what else I'm going to put with her.

Attachments

• image-3284120765.jpg
    image-3284120765.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 105
Umm I hate to be the bearer of bad news but 90g is way too small for that tang. i kinda wish i could have one too but I only have a 125g. Tangs need excessive amounts of swim room to stay healthy. :-D

Yeah they need room to swim I agree. this one is about 1.5 inches. And I've seen people cram these fish in way smaller and yeah it's not right. But I'd say a 90 is plenty for her right now. I've had regal tangs in the past and they are an excellent fish to care for and watch.

I'm with carey on this one, no matter if he's 1.5 inches now, he's gonna quickly outgrow the tank and just wreak havoc on the tank.. I know you are really excited and want him, but its going to cause more harm than good, even if you did get him, you'd have to sell him or re-home... There's other beautiful fish that will fit perfectly in the 90

Back
Top Bottom