Well here it is. 100 gallon tank with a 30 gallon homemade sump. Got a eshopps DSK 150, SICCE 4.0 pump for the sump and I am filling it now. I got my RO
from BRS 6 stage on sale. 5 ppm
after the 4 stages and 0 after the 6. It fills into a 34 gallon Brute with the float valve and I pump to another 34 gallon to mix. I maybe pumping it up from my basement to my tank, but for now I am just filling buckets. Went with the Reef Crystals because it is $60 at my LFS
. Not enough water to start the sump, but it should be good by tonight. Put 100 lbs. of base rock in with some epoxy and 40 lbs. of sand. Probably needs more sand, but I can't tell it is a sand storm in there. All three of my LFS
's cycle with fish, but I am going to give it a go without. After a month I will see where it is at. After about $2500-$3000, here is hoping. A bunch of wasted plumbing parts, but otherwise pretty much setup. The tank and hood were about $400, so it started there. I built my cabinet, but would do it differently if I were to build another. Two doors in the front and I have an unattached side to get the sump in and out if necessary. Pictures will come once I clean up my disasterous house. My wife was not happy with all the things I had out in the living room. Well I ended up with the Reefbreeders LED
value lights. Cost less than a 6 T5 lamp so I am real happy with that. Got a cheap($40) 10W 6500K LED
floodlight for the refugium. Pretty impressed with the output, but no on/off switch. Thanks to all the help on here. Let the fun begin.