90 Gallon Saltwater Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I thought you were talking about the smaller white spot on the clowns lower body in the first group of pictures.

I completely forgot about hyposalinity, thanks for sharing. Either way, it's great to qt. couldn't do that with corals.

Even if the tang has lateral line erosion it's not the end of the world. Just feed it a nice variety of foods and feed it well and it will arrest the disease.

Thanks everyone.

Tang is eating nori and new life spectrum omnivorous flakes and finicky feeder pellets soaked in kent Zoe and silcon.

Tomato clown - is not eating pellets Spits them out. Only eats flakes.

Coral beauty.- Not eating anything soaked in silcon or Zoe. but otherwise tons or nori and few pieces of flakes.

I am only getting chance to feed once. I do leave nori on a small rock (2"x4" sheet). Its finished when I got back.

One week of feeding now.
Here is the result. It's going to be a long process hope it's worth it.

Attachments

• image-1647660225.jpg
    image-1647660225.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 71
Here is week two. Things are looking good. But no change in the tail yet.

Attachments

• image-4265399676.jpg
    image-4265399676.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 81
  • image-4095887719.jpg
    image-4095887719.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 77
Things are looking good. Thanks to everyone who helped.
Here is week 3.

Also found my peppermint shrimp dead today. Water parameters are perfect. No idea why?

Attachments

• image-1199032914.jpg
    image-1199032914.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 59
needmorecowbell said:
Could have just been a bad molt, it's not something to worry too much over. Might be your iodine if thats the case.

Water test shows all parameters within limits. :(
Oh well.

You can't really tell, usually the salt mix has the right amount. The batch you made might not have been mixed enough before you put it in water. It would be a lack of iodine if anything. Just mix your salt well and do regular water changes and it will stay at good levels.

Back
Top Bottom