90 Gallon Saltwater Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are nice looking rbta's. The ones at my lfs don't look nearly that colored, which is really important in a nem. Have you had any problems with it? I thought about getting one a while ago but was scared off because of the stinging capabilities.

needmorecowbell said:
Those are nice looking rbta's. The ones at my lfs don't look nearly that colored, which is really important in a nem. Have you had any problems with it? I thought about getting one a while ago but was scared off because of the stinging capabilities.

This camera doesn't do justice the color is even more beautiful. Stinging- well don't touch them and they will sting nearby corals so move corals away once it settles in. I got them about 3 months ago from a fellow reefer so far no problem. I got really lucky because the stayed in the same place I placed them in. I fed them raw shrimp once a week.

But in the new tank both have split and are on the move. Hopefully they settle soon..

In my tank I don't think I'd have room to move the corals anywhere because the tank is so small and the nem can get so big. It's a 30g :/

What's the rest of the livestock in the 90 gal?

So far;

Royal gramma,
2 clowns,
green chromis, (4 more to come me t month)
yellow tang,
blue tang ( visiting for a month).

2 peppermint shrimp

Things are so far so good.
I don't see any explosion of life yet :(. Tank was set up on Monday.

Anything I can do to speed things up like put extra fore for Pods and worms to eat?

Bit of a surprise of on my first water test.
Ammonia - 0.25ppm
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Nitrate- 80ppm ( something is wrong here since I used 70 gallon new water and 30 old. Old tank had 5ppm before the move)

Ph- 8.2

Take a look

Attachments

• image-1581035069.jpg
    image-1581035069.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 89
No cycle was needed. I just transferred from one Tank to another water, rock and fish all in one hour. :)
New tank have dump old one had hang on back.

It been 8 days since the transfer.
Fish and BTA still seem to be very stressed:( hide all the time.
Corals are opening up though.

Nitrate update- Went to lfs and got water tested. Nitrates -5. Had him repeat the test. Still 5.
So low nitrates.

Going to repair my sump/ refugeium. The baffle between return gave in. The silicon didnt hold it very well i guess. :(
Do I remove the old silicon? How do I put silicon in the 1" space between baffles?

I used a cd case to hold them. 2 cases is about an inch. A razor blade works well for taking silicone of, it will take a little time though.

needmorecowbell said:
I used a cd case to hold them. 2 cases is about an inch. A razor blade works well for taking silicone of, it will take a little time though.

That's goo idea to hold them in place.
But how do I apply silicon to a baffle side through 1 inch space. I am talking about between baffles.

Day 6.

Having a bit of issue with waste from snails and other junk coming together under the power heads. What would consume that or any idea's to solve this problem?

Here is how it looks now. Seriously looking into LED's that is i can dim.

Anemone's are coming up. Not feeding yet though.

Attachments

• image-1056443140.jpg
    image-1056443140.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 111
  • image-463365904.jpg
    image-463365904.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 119
Heera said:
That's goo idea to hold them in place.
But how do I apply silicon to a baffle side through 1 inch space. I am talking about between baffles.

I didnt. Just put some on the corners at first them gob it on on the side you can reach. Try getting as far as possible into the other side though.

This is what I had done :( but the second day baffles have in from one place or another.

Oh well I will try this time with more silicon.

Green algae start to show up on the glass. Time to clean.

Oh my God! Who bit off half tail of clownfish? :(

Attachments

• image-2461952215.jpg
    image-2461952215.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 123
Aggression.. I would observe the tank to see whats happening, you'll probably have to remove something. Try doing more pwc's to stress the fish less.

Ok I will repair the sump tomorrow and add new 40 gallons when I started the sump. So about 30% water change.

I also picked up JBJ auto top off system today
Also picked up aqua lifter pump. :) no more guessing on evaporation after the weekend.

Attachments

• image-2277957326.jpg
    image-2277957326.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 109
Back
Top Bottom