90 Gallon Saltwater Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most chain stores. I know my pet supplies plus sells them relatively cheap. It's really fun to build a sump, I did it. I have a video in the YouTube link in my sig talking about it.

It shouldn't be that bad tbh. I haven't done it myself...yet. Of the top things I read about being the hardest to do, making a sump and pvc plumbing. I did pvc and it was simple. Just do your research and take your time.

I don't know about Canada, but I can find them pretty cheap down here. Do you have a large chain store up there?

I had build a sump from fiberglass box and acrylic baffles. It's disaster. But building is easy to do. So going glass now.

I have PetSmart here. I am about 30 mins from USA border . Petco is about hour away. I will call them and find out prices.

Called almost every pet store here. Nothing less than 110$.

I will search for local reef club.

When is the next 1$ for gallon sale?

Just saw the tank with flashlight (1 am) tons of copeopods everywhere. :) on sand on rocks.

On the other hand I saw very few amphipods. is this normal?

Update: still hunting for the 40 gallon breeder tank. Sent emails to reef clubs so lets see what reply I get?

I had heard using Fiberglas was a no-no. It leaches chemicals into the water from the resins. When you built your sump with it, did it cause any problems?

Gregcoyote said:
I had heard using Fiberglas was a no-no. It leaches chemicals into the water from the resins. When you built your sump with it, did it cause any problems?

I got it from a reefer. Who had used it as a sump.
I think you are right but this has thick blue paint. So the paint protects it.
I used it for a bit. It's good. But had 2 issues. 1.Acrylic baffles-silicon-fibreglass didn't glue very well.
2. Couldn't see anything from side.

So going back to glass. Now can't find a 40 gallon tank.

Heera said:
I got it from a reefer. Who had used it as a sump.
I think you are right but this has thick blue paint. So the paint protects it.
I used it for a bit. It's good. But had 2 issues. 1.Acrylic baffles-silicon-fibreglass didn't glue very well.
2. Couldn't see anything from side.

So going back to glass. Now can't find a 40 gallon tank.

Okay. Have you considered building your own glass tank? I have built hundreds of them. It is a lot easier than even working with acrylic.

i would go to one of the meetings and talk to people about it there. youll probably find someone who will sell you one cheap if you actually talk to them in person.

i have the opposite thing happening with my tank, tons of amphipods, not so many copepods. i think its okay.

Back
Top Bottom