90 gallon start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm planning on leaving some rock in the 29 till I take the last of the livestock to the lfs as trade in. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't effect my 90 gallon. Like make it do a minicycle or something :p

Khij159753 said:
I'm planning on leaving some rock in the 29 till I take the last of the livestock to the lfs as trade in. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't effect my 90 gallon. Like make it do a minicycle or something :p

As long as the rocks not out of the water for more than few minutes, it shouldn't have much die off to cause a mini cycle.

Sweet :) then I should have everything in the 90 by this weekend :) everything being, coral and LR and 1 more fish :) then hopefully if everything test good I'll add 3 green chromis on Saturday :)

So everything is in the 90 gal an I added 3 bluegreen chromis and 2 chalice coral today :) the tank looks just like I always wanted it to :) looks like a wall of coral with lots of room to swim and a nice sand bed area :) I'll take pics tomorrow probably and post them :)

Khij159753 said:
So everything is in the 90 gal an I added 3 bluegreen chromis and 2 chalice coral today :) the tank looks just like I always wanted it to :) looks like a wall of coral with lots of room to swim and a nice sand bed area :) I'll take pics tomorrow probably and post them :)

Can't wait to see it!! :)

Here's the FTS :) my fish aren't very photogenic :p but also one of my 3 chromis disappeared over night :/ so I have:
1 clown
2 chromis
1scooter blenney
3 cleaner shrimp
27 various coral
1 emerald crab that I need to get out.
1 Sally lightfoot crab
and a bunch of various snails/hermits.

Attachments

• image-3824308715.jpg
    image-3824308715.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 81
That looks great!! :) and you did a really nice job on your rockwork! You've gotta be so excited to have stuff in it finally! :)

Yeah :) and I even found the third chromis in the sump :p haha. Everything is great :) Next up is 3 bangaii cardinals :)

Thanks for the compliments the rocks just kinda fell into place. The very top ones aren't super sturdy but the rest of the structure is :)

Wow that must of been quite the journey. Tank looks gorgeous and lots of corals for it being so new, I'm jealous.

Yeah I want to get a leopard wrasse I think. But I also like seeing other peoples reef safe wrasses because I always find new ones I haven't seen :) so post a pic of yours :) I find that the pics online never seem to do justice compared to the pics their owners take of them :)

Don't want to ruin on this excitement, but I just got some pictures of the fish. Sorry it's been a while, but hope it's not too late. Here is my wrasse and firefish. Crappy pictures, and the colors are more stunning in person of course! Hope to see some type of wrasse in your tank :)

img_2179296_0_f44db3daffb2e3ac36028399a0534970.jpg

Hmmm.... Interesting. I heard they can be bug buttheads but I also heard leopard wrasses are really hard to keep?

So in my tank I've noticed the water has lots of little white things floating through the water. Either particles or bubbles or something. Any tips on getting rid of them?

I think it's my skimmer but idk how to work it. It came with the tank. It's an aquaC remora skimmer and after reading the manual I think im missing a couple pieces like the O-ring and some sort of plug for an air hole or something.

If anyone is familiar and can help me out that'd be fantastic! I really don't wanna have to buy a new skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom