Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #131
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khij159753
Yeah. Dang sleep schedule bein all mixed up. :p haha. I'm ready tondo the water change and get everything all good to go then get my first fish in there. I'm thinking my true perc clown then my blenny after like half a week. then when I'm puttin coral in there slowly I'll probably make a trip to the lfs to pick up a few chromis.
You getting blue reef chromis or green? What kinda blenny?

Old 10-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #132
Aquarium Advice Addict

I looked at blue reef but probably just blue green unless you can change my mind. haha. Your pretty good at that. And it's a scooter blenny. So technically a mandarin that I already have and have had. Totally loves frozen food

Old 10-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #133
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khij159753
I looked at blue reef but probably just blue green unless you can change my mind. haha. Your pretty good at that. And it's a scooter blenny. So technically a mandarin that I already have and have had. Totally loves frozen food
Wow! See? This site makes people so defensive; I wasn't even gonna mention anything about the mandarin, and you already explained that it eats frozen!!!! Lol. I actually stirred out wanting blue reef cuz I knew there wasn't another blue fish I would be getting, but I could only find green at all of my LFS. So I got the green, and I love them. They're so very cute. And under the LED, their skin looks kinda pearly-irridescent. It's a nice contrast to all the rock in there!! They are very cute and stick together and have kinda adopted the single bartletts anthia I have as part of their group. So she will school around with them. It's cute.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:38 AM   #134
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah it does kinda haha! But sometimes I just like to show off my mad fish training skills, you can call me the fish whisperer. Lol! Jk but yeah. My lfs only has the green ones too but I like the idea of 3 of then swimming around.
It sounds kinda mean but I need them. They're cool and cute but just boring enough to be background and really make the other fish pop! Plus they make other fish come out more
Old 10-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #135
Aquarium Advice Addict

They rally do make he other fish come out. My first fish in SW was the bangaii cardinal, which is really shy. He hid in a cave ALL the time. Until a week later I added the 3 chromis an he seemed to realized like" hey- I'm allowed to swim around?" And them he started coming out because of them!! And hey are really cute!!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #136
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I mean I don't think of these fish of back ground fish but with the 3 green chromis and 3 bangaii cardinals as background. The foxface I eventually add will really stand out and pop!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #137
Aquarium Advice Addict

So I'm thinking of gettin rid of my shrimp before I get my engineer goby :/ I read too many stories about engineer goby's eating shrimp.

I thought about it long and hard and think I want... an engineer goby more than I want shrimp. Any thoughts?
Old 10-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #138
Aquarium Advice Addict

If its a big engineer get rid of the shrimp. Baby engineer keep the shrimp
Old 10-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #139
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well not sure exactly but I plan on gettin the smallest one I can find. But it will grow and i will keep it even when it's your's size haha. I figure it'd be safest just to get rid of them now instead of wait for the dreaded day haha. Right?
Old 10-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #140
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well i dont know.... They grow quick but it wont happen overnight! I think you should hold onto the shrimp and get rid of them once the goby starts to get around 4-5" or so

Tags
90 gallon, start

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com