90 gallon start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so would an engineer be okay with my pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby? i think those are the smallest things in my tank. it should be good with them as long as i get him small and let him grow with them in the tank right?

Khij159753 said:
so would an engineer be okay with my pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby? i think those are the smallest things in my tank. it should be good with them as long as i get him small and let him grow with them in the tank right?

Id say they would be okay for awhile but not sure once the engineer gets bigger :/ not really too familiar with engineers

yeah. im waiting for nu nu to answer ;) haha. :p he's the engineer guy as far as i know :)

Lol sorry! And ill answer your pm on here. To add more sand just wait and dump it in as far as i know. Hopefully you dont have corals or anything because this might upset them. Should be fine with the shrimp and goby, the goby will protect it for a while... But once the engineer is full grown its a toss up. All i know is i would not feel good about adding a pistol shrimp in my tank with kobie the engineer goby ;) lol

Lol sorry! And ill answer your pm on here. To add more sand just wait and dump it in as far as i know. Hopefully you dont have corals or anything because this might upset them. Should be fine with the shrimp and goby, the goby will protect it for a while... But once the engineer is full grown its a toss up. All i know is i would not feel good about adding a pistol shrimp in my tank with kobie the engineer goby ;) lol

okay. i'll probably try it, i'll hope that if they grow together they will be okay. :)

Haha. With the tank? Im letting the rock become live and take care of my nitrates. The cycle is over,
Ph-8.2
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-80-160
Haha. The skimmer is finally starting to work and the base rock is becoming live. The critters that cane in on the sand are still doing good. Sometime this week I'll be adding 100lbs of sand I bought today. My emerald crab was starting to eat my coral so I through him in the 90. We'll see If he makes it. Figured it's better than sending him to the freezer or outside lol.

I also found my iPod! Finally!!! So enjoy the pics :) remember these are from like a week ago.

Here's the pics :)

Attachments

• image-3107992981.jpg
    image-3107992981.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 129
  • image-2292808397.jpg
    image-2292808397.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 121
  • image-2303942901.jpg
    image-2303942901.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 111
Well that's good to see the tank is coming along!! Thats awesome that the cycle is already done.. how long did that take? And did u do it with just dead rock??

50-75lbs LR
50-60lbs dead rock
100lbs used sand
And filled the tank with used water haha. Then before I add fish I'll have 100lbs more sand and close to 50lbs more lR

Khij159753 said:
50-75lbs LR
50-60lbs dead rock
100lbs used sand
And filled the tank with used water haha. Then before I add fish I'll have 100lbs more sand and close to 50lbs more lR

Wow that's a lot of rock!! Lol but that's cool tho, glad it went very smooth for ya!!

Yeah I like more rock and sand :) better filtration and more spots for coral :)

Yeah :) I have 50lb of rock and sand in my 29 and never have nitrates. :) haha. Hoping to accomplish that with my 90 :) now I gotta wait for all the sand to settle :/

Khij159753 said:
Yeah :) I have 50lb of rock and sand in my 29 and never have nitrates. :) haha. Hoping to accomplish that with my 90 :) now I gotta wait for all the sand to settle :/

I'm sure it'll look awesome!! I barely have any nitrates in my 29g and Id say I have over 35lbs of rock :)

Nice. :) I'll probably check my levels sometime this week. Hopefully the nitrates will be low. :) I should probably get another T-5 4bulb before I transfer my coral though.

Khij159753 said:
Nice. :) I'll probably check my levels sometime this week. Hopefully the nitrates will be low. :) I should probably get another T-5 4bulb before I transfer my coral though.

What do u have for light right now??

1 T-5 4bulb. Which would be fine for my softies but im pretty sure my hard coral would be much happier under 2

Khij159753 said:
1 T-5 4bulb. Which would be fine for my softies but im pretty sure my hard coral would be much happier under 2

Ahh gotcha.. yeah im not sure what I'm gonna be using for lighting when I get my tank going.. or if I'm gonna have a lid or not, depends on where were living and whether I can keep my cat outta the room with the tank lol

Back
Top Bottom