90 gallon start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol! Yeah I have a lid on my 90 just cause it prevents evaporation :p to an extent. But it also means I'll probably need to get a chiller or find a way to drop water temp cause it warms a bit too much :/

I'm pretty sure no matter how much rock you in the tank, you'll still get nitrates. The only way to get rid of them is either water changes, plants, or through algae.

The more rock you have the quicker the nitrates can turn to gas and leave the tank. My nitrates always go down and only spike when I cause a spike. Then they drop to 0 again haha. I Ghent done a WC because of trates in 2 months. I just do WC to get new water and replace minerals.

The bacteria on the inside of the rock converts it to gas but I'd still say you get nitrates, especially with the amount you plan to stock. No amount of bacteria will get rid of all the waste that comes from your stocking levels.

Oh. Well in my 90 yeah your right. Chances are that final stocking list will still change, I'm just sayin in my 29 gallon I have 50lbs rock and sand and my nitrates go down. Im stocked with a true perc, scooter blenny, firefish, and goby pistol pair. We were just talkin about how the more rock, the easier everything is. Just in general.

Okay. I think my stocking list has finally finished changing and is to an exceptable level too :) in order of being added.

Scooter blenny
True perc
Blue green chromis x2
Engineer goby
Foxface Lo
Bangaii cardinal x2
Reef safe wrasse

What do you all think? Any suggestions?
Is that my limit?
Or could I add a couple nano fish/ 1 larger fish like an angel down the road?
And if I should add these in a different order, please correct me.

Awesome :D I'd rather have a midas blenny than a scooter but that's just me. Angels get too massive and pick at corals! Most belong in a 300 gallon tank, even if they are juveniles .

I was thinking like a coral beauty angel but yeah I'd rather have some nano fish :) haha. The blenny and the clown I already have that's why they're top of the list.

I think you could add a couple small or 1 medium size fish too. Good list!! I wouldn't do a dwarf angel, will likely eat coral. I would suggest a carpenters wrasse for the wrasse on your list- just got one and its a gorgeous fish!! And very peaceful.

image-2863735056.jpg

Beengirl said:
I think you could add a couple small or 1 medium size fish too. Good list!! I wouldn't do a dwarf angel, will likely eat coral. I would suggest a carpenters wrasse for the wrasse on your list- just got one and its a gorgeous fish!! And very peaceful.

Wow! Stunning! Definitely a competitor. I also like the leopard wrasse for it's color and the 6-line for how active it is. I like wrasses in general for how they dart around over and through the rocks constantly active. :)

I had a sixline in my last tank, very beautiful and interesting fish. Especially when they cocoon themselves at night.

Paulm87 said:
I had a sixline in my last tank, very beautiful and interesting fish. Especially when they cocoon themselves at night.

Cocoon themselves? I've never ever heard of that. Haha. Sounds cool though :)

Khij159753 said:
Cocoon themselves? I've never ever heard of that. Haha. Sounds cool though :)

Yep, in the wild it prevents predators from catching their scent while they sleep. They actually secrete some kind of thick stuff from their mouths and it wraps around them. Kinda icky and cool at the same time. Lol. :)

Wow. Just bumped then up in the race hahaha :) can I have more than 1 wrasse? Or will they fight?

Khij159753 said:
Wow. Just bumped then up in the race hahaha :) can I have more than 1 wrasse? Or will they fight?

Not sure actually. Looked on LA, and they have the compatibility with other wrasses listed as "with caution". Considering the price of some of these fish, not sure I'd want to risk it.

Does it matter what order I put in the foxface Lo, engineer goby, and bangaii cardinals? Cause I want to get them all as small as I can and he usually has at least one of those fish as babies.

Put the most aggressive in last and least aggressive first, go that way and the aggressive ones can't establish a territory. It's really cool when they cocoon, just looks like a bubble round a fish, but they hide really deep into the rocks.

Khij159753 said:
Does it matter what order I put in the foxface Lo, engineer goby, and bangaii cardinals? Cause I want to get them all as small as I can and he usually has at least one of those fish as babies.

Cardinals first, then goby, then foxface.

Back
Top Bottom