Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-21-2017, 11:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

90G bowfront Big Tank Noob

A new to me 90G bowfront with stand coming on the weekend. Was going to use it for a FW but then found that it is drilled and has an overflow and was previously used as a SW tank. It has a Current USA light but I don't know which one.

I have a 29G 30" tank which will fit in the cabinet.

My only experience is with 35G and under size tanks using LR and LS and pwc to maintain. Presently I have tiny tanks, SW 6.6 and a 12G and a 6.6G Chaeto Macroalgae pod tank.

Never a tank this size.

Still considering using it for a FW. But since it was a SW tank and set up for that....

If I start with a bunch of rocks and sand then what? My 12G presently has about 20 lbs of LR running since Feb. I have the other tank but wouldn't be tearing it apart right now.

Now have a Goby and Royal Gramma which were gonna go into a 40G soon until I just found this, would I still need all the extra stuff like protein skimmer right now.

If I went light on fish later - what are the minimum items I would need.

The 50lb rock box costs 90 delivered. I am getting a price for the 100lbs.

I would need to add things gradually.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:33 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Woohoo going big! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:42 PM   #3
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

You can simply move everything over if you'd like. I'm personally a fan of always ditching sand, but you don't have to if your rinse it well.
When the new stuff shows up, rinse and scrub it well before adding it to the new system.
Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
big, bowfront, noob, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com