90G bowfront Big Tank Noob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
A new to me 90G bowfront with stand coming on the weekend. Was going to use it for a FW but then found that it is drilled and has an overflow and was previously used as a SW tank. It has a Current USA light but I don't know which one.

I have a 29G 30" tank which will fit in the cabinet.

My only experience is with 35G and under size tanks using LR and LS and pwc to maintain. Presently I have tiny tanks, SW 6.6 and a 12G and a 6.6G Chaeto Macroalgae pod tank.

Never a tank this size.

Still considering using it for a FW. But since it was a SW tank and set up for that....

If I start with a bunch of rocks and sand then what? My 12G presently has about 20 lbs of LR running since Feb. I have the other tank but wouldn't be tearing it apart right now.

Now have a Goby and Royal Gramma which were gonna go into a 40G soon until I just found this, would I still need all the extra stuff like protein skimmer right now.

If I went light on fish later - what are the minimum items I would need.

The 50lb rock box costs 90 delivered. I am getting a price for the 100lbs.

I would need to add things gradually.

You can simply move everything over if you'd like. I'm personally a fan of always ditching sand, but you don't have to if your rinse it well.
When the new stuff shows up, rinse and scrub it well before adding it to the new system.

Back
Top Bottom