90g reef ready tank build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarface70706

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys I'm pulling the trigger on building a reef tank. I'm going to buy a all glass 90 gal. reef ready tank. I noticed there are two different kinds of megaflows. one sits in the corner and the other sits on the back left hand side of the tank about 4 to 6 inches away from the left wall. does it matter what position to get? is there a difference in the filtration flow? any other helpful advice would be great too, im open to consider other ideas besides a different size tank and a home built sump. I'm trying to have all sorts of colorful coral and reef safe fish. any ideas on those would be great too. i will be running a proflex sump with a refugem and skimmer <(not too sure what brand). thank you in advance and hope to hear back from you guys soon.

Welcome to the forums! And congratualtions on taking the 90g plunge.

I wish i knew more about drilled tanks so i can be of no help there. But i'm sure others will chime in. :)

The overflow position is mostly aesthetic. I opted for the corner flow since it's easier to stack rock on.

I also have a 90g tank that has a corner flow. Personally I would have rather had one with a middle overflow because of where my tank is (you can see each end), but it will work for me.

90gal. reef tank

thanks all! if you guys please send pics of your 90gal reef tanks so it gives me a general idea to get started. thank you.

Back
Top Bottom