Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Cool 90g reef ready tank build!!!

Hey guys I'm pulling the trigger on building a reef tank. I'm going to buy a all glass 90 gal. reef ready tank. I noticed there are two different kinds of megaflows. one sits in the corner and the other sits on the back left hand side of the tank about 4 to 6 inches away from the left wall. does it matter what position to get? is there a difference in the filtration flow? any other helpful advice would be great too, im open to consider other ideas besides a different size tank and a home built sump. I'm trying to have all sorts of colorful coral and reef safe fish. any ideas on those would be great too. i will be running a proflex sump with a refugem and skimmer <(not too sure what brand). thank you in advance and hope to hear back from you guys soon.

scarface70706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Welcome to the forums! And congratualtions on taking the 90g plunge.

I wish i knew more about drilled tanks so i can be of no help there. But i'm sure others will chime in.

180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to Flake
The overflow position is mostly aesthetic. I opted for the corner flow since it's easier to stack rock on.
Flake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
I also have a 90g tank that has a corner flow. Personally I would have rather had one with a middle overflow because of where my tank is (you can see each end), but it will work for me.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Cool 90gal. reef tank

thanks all! if you guys please send pics of your 90gal reef tanks so it gives me a general idea to get started. thank you.
scarface70706 is offline   Reply With Quote

90g reef, build, reef, reef ready, tan, tank build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com