Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I am glad you like the light and I will try my best to resolve your controller issue. Love the tank tho, great shimmers!!

oyf709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
Thanks frank, the lights do have awesome shimmer. I just wish I didn't rush the sump and throw dirty sand in. Oh well it means more room for new fancier corals.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well the the last of my stuff came today. I now have a refractometer (saved over 50% by ordering online) I also got my filter sock holder and socks and check valve. Now to decide what I want for new corals. I know I want an orange torch, I would also love a blueberry gorgonian. I'm also leaning towards a red monti cap. I am undecided on what I want for other sps. I would love to add some colors other than green like blues purples reds and pinks. I do like the millipora, they are nice and flowy. Just for the record I'm not going to buy these corals yet, I want to let my system stabilize. Any suggestions on corals fire away, if you have pics include them or I can just check the always trusted google.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

So I was contacted by a local reefer who is going t frag me some nice sps. The one I'm really stoked for is a forest fire monti.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:08 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I don't seem to have much of a following here but I'm updating regardless. I just got back from the city and got some new stuff. Firstly I got a new orange spot diamond goby to replace the one I lost in the apocalypse. So far he is kicking up a mess. I also got a sea hare, the one I had went into my father in laws tank so I got another. The algae bloom after the sand incident is still fairly minor but ill nip it in the butt sooner than later. Plus once I'm done with it my buddy who runs the LFS has a red hair algae issue on his tank so I will send it to him. The other hare I had was 3-4 times the size and mottled brown and white, this one is really dark brown (almost black) with bright blue spots and has gone to town on the algae. I also got 6 more astria snails. I did a water test the other day and things have stabilized and I'm actually seeing some of my coral come back. My softies are all rebounding, and my frogspawn has the little baby heads still kickin. I also have a mess of pods in my fuge to keep the spotted mandarin happy and fat. I got the new controller in for my pharos lights and now that I have full control over them they are AWESOME, they were before but now I can tinker. I have a nice list of SPS I'm getting next weekend so ill post the list here in a few, just have to find it.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:14 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice FINatic

just fyi, softies and sps might not like each other that much. I would suggest crank up ur carbon. It also helps just in case your sea hare not making it.
oyf709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

Forest fire montipora digitata
Purple digitata
Orange monti cap
Blue staghorn
Pink millipora
Blue millipora
Strawberry shortcake
Tricolor
Superman montipora digitata

Some sweet frags that I am stoked to get.
Deffinately an upgrade from the previous sps stock. I also found a golden torch I may order and I think I may skip replacing the rainbow monti considering what I am getting now.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:21 AM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyf709 View Post
just fyi, softies and sps might not like each other that much. I would suggest crank up ur carbon. It also helps just in case your sea hare not making it.
The softies and sps mixing isn't a big concern. I have a load of carbon running now so that's no issue. I am not a huge fan of softies so I don't have many. Some mushrooms that were hitchhikers, a toadstool and a Kenya tree. Don't worry I have a plan, scary I know lol. I appreciate the concern. I think the sea hare will be fine, given that he was on the prowl as soon as he left the bag into acclimation I'm not concerned.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:02 AM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

My starry blenny (Orion) apparently likes GSP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3465292159.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	170303  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well it's Wednesday, happy hump day everyone. I am getting a new skimmer tonight, an SWC extreme 200 skimmer to be exact. Looking forward to getting my aquac hob off my sump and creating a little more silence. Also hoping to rearrange my plans to pick up coral Friday to pick them up today to save me another trip to the city.

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com