90g RR build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like the white dorsal fin on the clown in the second pic. Those are cool, one of these days I will get some designer clowns and try to breed them. Are you going to attempt to breed?

I may try my hand at it. They apparently are a confirmed pair and they are pretty much breeding size so with luck they will do the dance. Wife will be pissed when I tell her I'm gonna need to spend more money to breed clownfish. The return on them would be helpful when it comes to buying new stuff ;-)

Got my new toys, just waiting for the other shop to open to get my clowns and nem. Then one more quick stop to pick up my new return pump (my other one failed a little while back) getting a mag 9.5

Attachments

• image-4089179551.jpg
    image-4089179551.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 105
If you're still waiting, can I suggest checking out the new and less expensive DC pumps. With 6 speed settings, you can select the right one for your tank.

Well here we go- PICTURES!!!!!!!
So I got an additional new friend, blueberry gorgonian. Always loved them and they gave me wicked deals on things. I got 25% off the nem and 20% off the gorg. Clowns were full price and honestly everything would have been well worth full price cause they look amazing. The nem is absolutely awesome, dark metallic green base with bright pink tips.

Well now to the most technical part of the adventure, the powerheads. These things are just AWESOME. They do have a minor hum to them but its in my living room where I'm either watching the tank, TV or playing XBOX. Either way the sound is not going to bother me one bit. The flow these things produce is epic, as you can tell by the cloudy water. I have them running in nutrient export mode at the moment and was able to get about a 2" wave going. These things pound and I'm happy I got them, props to the wife there for giving me the ok to do it cause they come with a hefty price tag. Also got the new return going and it's nice. I added a T fitting and a hose back into my skimmer chamber so I don't have pressure built up in the pump (suspected cause of the last pumps failure). All in all it's been a good day :) and I'm stoked to have new life in the tank. This go around I'm only getting really nice stuff but that is on hold till the nem gets comfy so I can place things according to his/her desires. Now no offense but I'm outta here to go stare at the tank, after supper that is.

Attachments

• image-2588921337.jpg
    image-2588921337.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1381597649.jpg
    image-1381597649.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3700033678.jpg
    image-3700033678.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image-559637231.jpg
    image-559637231.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 81
When I put the foam covers on I knocked them out of alignment and it made a grinding type noise so I know they are aligned. Ill toy with them still I'm sure but the dull hum when they pulse is actually kinda nice compared to the "whack" sound of my koralias on a wave maker. The nem has opened right up now and actually looks like a classic bubble tip with the coke bottle shaped tentacles. The blueberry gorgonian has all its polyps out now too. An added bonus is that I just fed and the clowns are touring around and feasting and the BTA took some plankton also (Pacifica plankton that is). The feed mode on the vortechs freaked the clowns out though it was kinda funny. Now I'm gonna look more into running the vortechs and figure out how to make a wave.

No apex for me and after buying the vortechs I think even thinking of an apex would get me neutered, beaten, neutered again before being kicked to the curb lol. Not really my wife is pretty supportive as she knows my reef tank means a lot to me but I would definitely be in the dog house. Maybe one day but not any day soon.

Alright folks, I just shot a video update. The section on the sump is dark and you can't make anything out so ignore it. You can hear the mp40 when I show the ricordia but as I say the sound is minimal.

Cool! Good thinking on the phyto culture that gorg will need it. Those clowns are friggin sweet! I couldn't hear the mps at all. Looking good!

Thanks Eric I'm happy with the progress and this go I'm not just gonna buy all the crap I see that's nice. I have set pieces in mind to add to the puzzle.

Well apparently my engineer goby likes my new clownfish. He is out and about more than I've ever seen him combined. He is swimming end to end with the clowns. He's gotten big, when I bought him he was only a couple inches long and now he is about 6. Has his big boy stripes now too. Also, my blueberry gorg is looking absolutely amazing. This thing is so stunning and I'm loving it. The nem is open and inflated and hasn't moved an inch. Other than that everything is thumbs up.

Attachments

• image-3171601487.jpg
    image-3171601487.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 102
Nice man I'm glad it's looking up! The goby was probably just happy to have some company to swim around with. Now time to get those stylos and millis!

Nice man I'm glad it's looking up! The goby was probably just happy to have some company to swim around with. Now time to get those stylos and millis!

Well the good news keeps coming. I just got back from an overnight trip and return to find thisz

Attachments

• image-2800535101.jpg
    image-2800535101.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom