Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
Well it was a late night last night but so far it was worth it (didnt get to bed till 2:00am) did my run to the city and buddy hooked me up big time. All said and done I added 14 new coral, all sps. I am stoked and they look so nice so far. In addition to the list above I got a bright green monti cap (this thing is stunning), a Hollywood stunner chalice, panap birdsnest, some other nice birdsnest, aswell as a couple other I don't recall the name of ATM. I also got my new skimmer and boy that thing is a beast. Hardly managed to squeeze it in the sump but I did it. I also picked up some copepods for the father in law.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-861575652.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	171211   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1442681752.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	171212  

Name:	image-129489197.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	171213   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1286067766.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	171214  

Name:	image-3813359988.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	171215  

Old 05-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nice! I love montis and chalices (don't have any myself not quite to that level yet) those with the acros really give the tank the true "reef look" IMHO.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've had a monti before but this is my first chalice and it looks sweet. Last night I actually got two monti caps, one is orange and the other is bright green (like flourescent yellow). I have always loved the look of sps. Some people call them colored sticks, I call them pretty colored sticks.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

Busy night last night so I wasn't able to post an update so here it is.

Most of my corals were open and happy when I got home but some were not so I moved some stuff around to find better flow spots. Also moved my powerheads to get a better flow pattern. The only issues were my two monti caps, both were showing tissue necrosis so I had to quickly frag them down. The orange has a very small frag left and my bright green has two slivers left. Hopefully they bounce back. Checking them this morning they are still kickin and haven't died off anymore so that's a good start. I have some pics of things but being that only my blues are on right now most corals don't show up but there is one of my forest fire, man I love that coral. My other corals that survived are bouncing back nicely. My favia wasn't effected at all.

My new skimmer is a beast and working hard. So nice to have a decent skimmer not to mention quieter. That hob was noisy with the splashdown into the sump (it wouldn't fit on the display because its braced all the way around with glass, I believe it's called eurobraced). Skimmer barely fit in my sump, I was planning on a smaller one but this one came up and the price was right. I even had to modify my filter sock holder to fit everything.

My pod population is huge and my spotted mandarin is fat and happy. He has adjusted nicely and is out swimming around all the time now. My clowns are still with me as is my blenny. I picked up another orange spot diamond goby to replace the one that died in the crash and he has been out sifting steady. He did however evict my engineer goby and took over his cave and I haven't spotted the engineer since. I'm sure he is around but he is pretty timid. I also plan on getting a powder blue tang, guy I got the coral from had one and honestly it is my favourite tang so far other than the Achilles. I really want something that will be active and swim around steady.

My last round of water tests turned out good other than my alkalinity is starting to decline so I'm going to have to start dosing. I'm going to get a two part dose going but am unsure which one to use. BRS has a 2 part that looks good but they only ship ups which I hate dealing with so I have to find some other source to get some. I have a buddy that orders from BRS and has means to have a ups delivery made without the hastle a normal joe gets so I may try to sweet talk him into ordering it for me.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

I forgot to add pictures lol, here is my forest fire monti. This coral is so colorful.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-858313893.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	171444  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

My torch and spotted goby. Didnt lose a single head off this guy which makes me happy. This was my Unicorn coral.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4083345860.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	171445  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is my GSP, in the background you can see the chalice on the sand to the left and the acan above. The acan retracted alot but is coming back and is starting to get the orange coloration back.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3534696800.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	171451  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here you can see a small orange spot, that's what's left of the orange monti. Hasn't died back since I fragged off the dead spot so fingers crossed. I can't get a pic of the bright green monti cause everything glows so bright under the blues. Ill try to take a video of the tank later today once lights come on full.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-184797112.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	171454  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

And here is the skimmer
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-153252984.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	171455  
Old 05-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #60
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I'm sure your monti will come back. My orange one was all gone but a spot after a power outage while I was at work. The frag is growing well, and the entirely white skeleton came back too.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com