Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
I'm hoping, the white skeleton part was toast. Turned to ooze so I discarded it.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #62
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Wow, that's brutal that the skeleton liquified.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya but it seems to be ok now but only time will tell.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

On another note I found my engineer goby. He wasn't evicted after all, both gobies hang out together. It's odd because if my diamond goby is in the front of the rock my engineer sticks his head out the front door and watches. Diamond goby goes around back and the engineer watches out the back door.

I also took a video update of the tank but YouTube is a pain to upload to via iPhone. I get a call and the upload cancels grrrrrrr.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok so some new additions today currently acclimating. Went to the store to grab an abalone and got a tang also. Powder brown tang to be precise. I'm sure tang police are likely to jump in and scold me, I know the issues and concerns with tangs so hold your tongues. It's small and I have a happy home for it to move to when it gets to big. This tang is beautiful, was going to get a powder blue but they were 2x the price and from all reports much more sensitive and once I saw this powder brown I liked it more. Pics later after they get acclimated.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well new guys are in, the abalone just looks like the rock and is in a bad spot so no pic but here's the tang. This guy is awesome and not shy either, put him in and he is munching algae and swimming laps with me right there watching him. My fox face was such a chicken he would hide as soon as anyone came near.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3720538676.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	173295  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #67
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nice pick up man that's a sweet fish!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks dude I like it, very colorful the pics don't do justice. The fact that he went right in and was swimming around casually makes me feel better with the whole tang sensitivity issue. Doesn't even dart for cover when I approach, swims right up front showing off.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well it's been a couple days now and so far all is well. My algae issues after the crash have been getting better and better and my new additions are all looking great. The corals are doing well and what was left have continued to recover, exempt my zoas that is. Not sure what their issue is but they are still closed for the most part. The new sps have done well, 1 frag died randomly but the others are looking good. The abalone has been MIA since he was added but I'm not concerned. The tang is doing awesome, so glad I got it. He is happy and healthy so far, adjusted immediately and he is not nearly as skittish as my fox face was. Always out leisurely swimming and grazing.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well it's been a while since I've been on here let alone updated anything so here goes.

I suffered another major crash, this was not my fault this time. The plug on my skimmer collection cup fell out and drained the whole nearly full cup of thick skimmate back into the tank. This crash killed nearly everything, only survivors where my GSP, mushrooms, toadstool and Kenya tree for corals. Only fish to survive was my engineer goby and all my snails and shrimp survived. Since this I've had a huge jump in the pod population and had some algae issues. Now after about a month and a half everything looks good largely due to the abalone I got before the crash. He survived and has been busy. I am gonna be a while before doing any restocking as I want an Xbox one and have a wedding to plan and pay for. When I get the chance though I think I'm going to get a rose bubble tip nem and a pair of clowns, thinking of gold stripe maroons. Then once the nem picks a spot and stays for a while I will start adding coral back into the tank.

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com