90g RR build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391370564.086640.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391370586.669822.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391370621.287268.jpg

Well here are some pictures. I took them using my sunglasses as a filter. I couldn't get a very good one of the tang as he is constantly swimming. I couldn't get one of the goby as he is currently excavating under a rock.

Well it's update time. Was in the city for some other business and had the time to stop at the store. They had some nice stuff but nothing to really write home about except porcelain crabs. So I got one, always wanted one of these guys. I also picked up some bio pellets as II have been interested to try them. I also grabbed some phyto and some 2 part. Not that I need to dose but it sounds like I will be out of town again soon for work and it may prove valuable especially since I want more sps.

Well crab is in, reactor or ready to rock and get the pellets cycling. I redid some plumbing which consisted of reconfiguring my return line and building a manifold. The manifold has three outputs on it, one of which will run the bio pellet reactor, the other two are just running 1/2" lines back into the sump so I can control flow more and prevent backpressure on my return pump. Also did a water change and cleaned up my skimmer some. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394491115.588630.jpg don't mind the kid stickers, I took over the former dayhome room as my man cave.

Ya I have been having nutrient problems and the macro helps but hasn't done enough. Hopefully the bio pellets help.

Well it's been a while and have some small updates. First off I was mad today, went to get salt and after trying to find a clam for the last year they had exactly what I was after- wasn't in the budget so I had to pass on it. On another note I have found acro eating flat worms on my milli so now I have to dip my acros to kill the little buggers. Havent added any coral since Christmas and just spotted one last weekend, checked once I got home from work last night and removed 5. Only on my milli so far. I also got new media for my rodi system as my tds was on the rise and with the fresh bucket o salt I have plans to do a big water change. The biopellets seem to be working but my skimmer is pissing me off. I am having a heck of a time getting it to skim nice, either non existent or super wet. It's an older model swc Xtreme 160 with the wedge style discharge. Any tips would be awesome. Let's see now what else....

My tang mysteriously died, no idea why was fat and healthy. I got a Yellow Sea cucumber a few weeks ago and now I have two (split itself) and they came with what I thought to be a clam or scallop shell which turned out to be alive.

Back
Top Bottom