A 3rd tank?!!? Really??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

don_chuwish

Aquarium Advice Freak
This sure is a slippery slope! Starting with a 36G in December we soon learned of course that it is smart to have a Hospital/QT. Went looking for one and couldn't pass up the 15G Tetra kit on sale at Petco ($40).
FFWD one month.
We've got some livestock in the 36G, a new pair of true Percs and a Six Line Wrasse in the QT for the next 2-3 weeks.
Today we think MAYBE we see some tiny white spots on the Royal Gramma in the 36G. So now we need both a QT and a hospital!! Lesson learned the hard way, we didn't QT the Gramma long enough. Just past two weeks since arrival now. Left QT and been in the 36G for a few days now.
So this morning I drive down to Petco thinking I'd grab a 10G. I find that the same deal is on for the Tetra 15G kit. One left. Can't beat the package price so now we have two.
After a long battle to catch the little bugger "she's" now in the medicated QT. Really don't know for sure if it was Ich or not, the dots were so tiny. Just not taking any chances. Really hoping the other two tanks are OK.

- D

I wouldn't jump the gun on removing the gramma, mine has gotten a few tiny white spots multiple times and after 3 days or so they are gone?

I wouldn't jump the gun on removing the gramma, mine has gotten a few tiny white spots multiple times and after 3 days or so they are gone?

Thanks, yes we of course had the temptation to just wait & see but since it was a Sunday and I had time ... decided I'd better get it done.
Next morning there was still one small spot on the left pectoral but it's dropped off now. We'll leave it in solitary confinement!

- D

Back
Top Bottom