A Cloud of Shrimp!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidafius

Aquarium Advice Freak
Everyone, my fiancee' and I are the proud new Godparents of several thousand cleaner shrimp!!!! I was on the couch watching Law & Order and looked up at the tank....everything was fine. Twenty minutes later, the show went off, and I glanced back up at the tank......It looked like it was snowing. So I say to Emily, "What in hell is going on in there?" I thought my calcium was precipitating. So we darted over and, Lo and Behold! we had a cumulo-stratus of tiny little cleaner shrimp (skunk, or candy-striped). I am pumped. We immediate scooped up most of them and put then into my little 3 gallon fuge. I also put a few cups full in my new 120. I figure they'll get munched by the Pajama Cardinal before dawn, but what the hay, I've got 3 million in my fuge, and another 1 in the original tank. I'm interested to see how long they last with the dragon goby going crazy. They could possibly be peppermint shrimp, though, but they are too tiny to tell. I'll post pics as soon as I get them developed. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wow! I would love to buy some of them if you were nearbye. after they grow a bit mind selling a few? Is raising shrimp {breeding} difficult ? is it common or rare?

heck, i'm sure they'd ship, if I overnight them. Difficult? I just bought 2 shrimp, randomly picking them, and as it turned out, they started carrying eggs. They've had about 20 batches of eggs, but this is the first ones that they've carried to maturity and released. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'll keep updates, and I have no problem with shipping some out when they grow up a bit.

as for the shipping not sure if this would be a must but i was thinking of how to myself and thought that most shippers fill the bags with pur oxygen to help out !! so i bet if ya asked a local welder to fill the bag they would for cheap !! just a thought to put out there !! might not be needed but sure it wouldnt hurt

also kidafius so ya know shrimp are hermaphrodites (cleaner at least are)so dont matter which ya pick from what ive read !!

you can add me to your list of buyers 2 that is so cool!!!

I just experianced the same cloud of shrimp although I was unable to same them before my fish ate them. What happened with your litter? Did any mature?

Back
Top Bottom