A death in the family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had my 100 gallon running for 8 weeks now. About a month ago I added 2 damsels and some fully cured liverock and "real" livesand from LFS. Last week I added a small tank raised percula clown. He was really happy and active and the damsels seemed to ignore him. I fed them a tiny amount before I went to bed last night and I watched him eat. This morning he was swimming around normally and actively. Went home for lunch and he was laying on the sand dead. :(

Not sure what caused his demise. Tank parameters seem to be acceptable. I do know that sometimes fish die and the reasons are elusive. Last night, before his death I sort of seem to notice some very tiny white spots on him. Ich maybe? But even if it was Ich his death seemed rather fast.

Interesting, I was vaguely aware of this topic but the article sheds new light. I have been wondering, however, about treating with copper. I know it's deadly to inverts but can you safely treat a fish in quarantine and then put him back into the invert tank? I guess what I'm asking is, is there enough residual copper on a treated fish to kill your inverts?

Thanks for the reply.

No, you are safe to treat a fish in QT, that is exactly why we setup a QT system.

Back
Top Bottom