A few questions??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBReef

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if there were any downsides to keeping a red sea star in a 25 gal.? Also, does anyone know of any gobys that will not eat ALL the infauna in my tank. I hear that certain types of Gobys will turn your live sand into regular sand because they will eat ALL the living organisms in it and then they starve to death due to lack of food.** Please help!!** :?

Do you have a specie name for your Red Sea Star?

Clown Gobies, Threadfin Gobies, Neon Gobies are all good.

I think the specie name is Formia milleporella. What about a watchman, orange striped or orange spotted Goby? Would those be ok? Thanks!

The Orange striped is a planktivore and should be fine. The other two are sand sifters. The sand sifters will not starve once they eat everything in the sand bed. They easily adapt to frozen food. But then, your sand bed will be dead....

I don't see any down sides to the Formia other than they are not easy to keep.

So, the orange-striped prawn goby will not destroy my sand bed. Are there any alternatives to a goby that will stay in the sand bed and dig tumnels in the tank? I really like the way Gobies behave i just do not want them to kill my sand bed. Also, what frozen foods will they eat and how do you feed them without the fish, crabs, or shrimp eating it first.

Are there any "smaller" sea stars that are hardier than the red sea star? The linka stars are too big for my liking. Thanks again.

Does anyone know of any gobies or goby- like creatures that will not destoy my sand bed thanks?

Back
Top Bottom