Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Originally Posted by CarpetAnenomes View Post
U started with a 55 like i did lr u don't need as much it just helps the nitrogen cycle the more the better I say second damsels are great starter fish but also start to get really aggressive so keep eyes peeled for that I started with two oscellaris clowns and still have them just in a better tank ur levels u said u checked them after a water change if I read right did u let everything settle before u checked it and there is a possibilty of everything being at zero due to u have so much water and not slot of fish and ur not straining ur system at all which is good I would add some sand sifting starfish and some hermit crabs along with a couple snails once u get algae but the crabs and starfish are a great cleanup crew for food not ate by ur fish hope this helps
Ok thank you I thought I would have at least some nitrates though (at least if I didn't have ammonia or nitride). Thanks I feel better now, one more question do you think my next addition should be 2 more damsels or 2 clown fish? Thanks for the help again!

basket440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Me personnel I love clowns so I vote clowns

CarpetAnenomes is offline   Reply With Quote

damsel, fowlr, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com