A few unconnected questions . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blorkiemom

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, my computer crashed about 3 weeks ago and my replacement just went up yesterday, so I was forced to go through the whole "actually getting the tank started" thing without everyone's advice! Yikes! It probably saved y'all a lot of annoying questions, though. :) But I do have some questions that I hope someone can help me with . . .

~I seem to have a perpetual snow storm in the tank. I think it's sand, not microbubbles. Nothing's pointing at the sand, so I cant' figure out what's stirring it up. Is this normal and will it settle down with time?

~What the heck are those very long, white, stringy worm things that send filaments all over the tank? I can't find anything quite like them in my books. 4 or 5 filaments will come out of a single cranny and some are about 6-7 inches long.

~I bought a peppermint shrimp and a fire shrimp 5 days ago. The peppermint shrimp has been MIA since the first night and the fire is hiding under a rock and won't come out. I thought they were a little more gregarious--maybe because there are no fish the fire has no reason to come out and clean anyone?

Other notes: like everyone always says, amazing to watch the life come out of the live rock. It's pretty impressive. Also, LOVE me my Euroreef. Easy as pie and filters like gangbusters.

Thanks for any help!

Back
Top Bottom