A Freshwater Person In Need Of Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleggat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my dad has always wanted a sw he had fw when he was young but never made it to sw and he's now too busy for it. I'm not allowed another tank.. But my dad says if it's a sw I can get it!! This is great news for me as I was already looking into saltwater :D so the tank I'm planning on ordering next tuesday is the Orca TL450 Nano Reef Aquarium - Charterhouse Aquatics | Orca TL450 Nano Reef Aquarium and Cabinet
I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on this tank? :) I am planning to get a pair of black clownfish for the tank, would that be okay? I have done a bit of research and asked around and people said it would be okay but I would like other opinions too, I am ready to learn and will be doing A LOT of research before it comes but if this tank is too small or not good enough I have also seen a 120L that I might get. Many thanks :flowers:
http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/catalog/orca-tl450-nano-reef-aquarium-and-cabinet-p-3473.html

Turns out I am getting the 120L, I just need help with the stock, a pair of black clowns and cuc..

a pair of ocellaris will do fine in a 120 liter tank. as for a cleanup crew, you can use whatever you want as long as you have enough food for them. you don't really need them, so i would add snails, crabs and such sparingly.

Thanks, I'm looking into gobies at the moment, then I'll check out the cuc :)

just read its 30 gallons, are you planning to get corals
i would also get a royal gramma, firefish and some sort of goby

Well so far my list is - a clownfish pair, a skunk cleaner shrimp and a royal gramma. I'll look into firefish gobies, I should be getting corals. I was wondering about an anemone for the clownfish anyone got any recommendations?

I like the look of them, though the store I'm getting the tank from has the same tank set up with an anemone and has done for months, I'll need to check out the lights thanks!

Back
Top Bottom