a little help please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ch-b

Aquarium Advice Activist
i want to start a new salt water tank but the question is can i buy any aquarium i want? from the pet store or there are special aquariums for salt water? :thanks:

That's a very broad question when it comes to saltwater. You have to ask your self how big, what type (FOWLR, REEF, ...) drilled overflows, to have a sump or to not have a sump. What type of filtration you want to do. Defiantly do your research and planning when you get started. The biggest thing to remember throughout the whole process is patients is rewarded.

First I would start with budget that will dictate a lot on size and what direction to get started in. There are lots of great people here who can point you in the right direction so you can easily and cost effectively upgrade as time and budget allows because it is a very addictive hobby.

mhm ik but i wanted to knw if i can buy any aquarium i want ? or there are like special salt water tank?

mhm ik but i wanted to knw if i can buy any aquarium i want ? or there are like special salt water tank?
To answer your direct question,yes there are tanks specific to saltwater and yes you can get the tank you want as long as the tank is capable of handling what you want it to do(is it going to be fish only,FOWLR or reef?).A good supplier will list whether it is for saltwater,fresh water, or either.There are also tanks that specify whether they are reef ready or breeder or frag tanks.The list goes on.Just research decide what you want and set a budget. Hayneedle.com is a good site I found that lists specifics on different types of tanks.
I am a beginner to the hobby and so addicted.Just do your research and keep asking questions!
Hope this helps and good luck:D

Any aquarium will do doesn't really mater if it comes from walmart or your local pet store. Just keep in mind what your goal is.

Back
Top Bottom