Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-16-2007, 05:26 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

You left your tank with your ex.? That had to hurt sorry to hear that. The amount of time and money spent in this hobby is like building a hot rod in a way and then to have your ex drive it away that sucks. Well now you get to have the fun all over again. Sometimes I debate getting a second job or even donating Plasma to help fund my addiction.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to usmcmarc Send a message via MSN to usmcmarc Send a message via Yahoo to usmcmarc
Hmmmmmm...donating plasma? That sounds like a good idea. Maybe sell an extra kidney or something... LOL

Old 11-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
Lmao Well I picked up the tank last night and I am very pleased I was afraid of scratches or something since its an acrylic tank but its clear as glass and the stand is awesome. Set up for a sump if I go that route. I like it a lot. So she gave me id say about 20 pounds of rock that does have minimal life on it. She said she cleaned the sand out looks like there is about 40 pounds in there and she said her fish didnt die from any disease her cat got them... and she lost intrest so im thinking it would be ok to go ahead and maybe get about 20 more pounds of sand and mix in. Use the rock she gave me and get some new live rock and mix it in. What do you guys think? Also i dont know whats changed since i got out of it. What salt is the best to use for a reef? I used Oceanic and or Instant Ocean last time around. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:43 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Getting into the salt discussion could take a while There are so many different opinions on whos salt is better. I don't think there is really that much of a drastic difference between salts but hey that is just another of a million opinions. I think if you order your live rock online you will have much better coraline algae coverage than the lfs at least that is how it is in my area. I orderd from DR fosters and smith some fiji I was extremely pleased. It didn't look like much at first but the coraline algae is covering most of the rocks I got online and my lfs rocks have nothing at all on them.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
Ya I learned that last time and its also usually cheaper online and that is a great website. I think I am going to go with Oceanic salt. It worked well last time

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com