Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Don't do what I did! For the price I paid for my diy I coulda had a red sea lol. Im one of those people who learners by making my own mistakes, I suppose. My opinion would be to see what the price of the red sea is in comparison to making a list and adding all the $ on a do it yourself system. I don't even want to know what I spent, I just know my inexperience and over funding at the time put me into a position where I had changed everything from my stand to my sump, changed my lights 3 times before settling with hydras, removed and replaced substrate 2 times, changed powerheads, heaters, refugium lighting, all my plumbing, return pump, media reactor, ato system, ect before I settled with what I have now. This was all done in under 1 year. Just be sure you get what you want the first time regardless the $ or you will likely regret it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 12-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleach View Post
Just be sure you get what you want the first time regardless the $ or you will likely regret it.

+1. Spending a little more at start up on quality equipment is cheaper than buying "bargain" equipment and upgrading it a couple times. Especially when it comes to lighting and skimmers IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 12-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have the thread to prove it I have photos on a thread here that show the first day I had set the tank up all the way to now. It is quit a change lol.

Tags
fin, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com