A strange request/ Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PetsForADorm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I want to know what is the smallest possible size of tank for a sea anemone and live rocks? No fish. No snails. No crabs... Just a small 3 inch pet store anemone I've grown very fond of. Most people say to buy the biggest thank you can afford but... I'd feel a bit stupid getting a big tank for one animal, and the only reson I even want the live rock is because for some resion I think every salt water tank needs them. Do they?

Depends on the specie of sea anemone. Some of the "dwarf carpet's", Stichodactyla tapetum, can be kept in 10g-20g, but most require around 40g+. If you can at least get a common name it would help :)

Haha! Sorry should have thought about that. But the thing is, I never looked at his name. He's just an off-white translucent one. I'll look next time I go. Does that mean they can't be kept in a "nano tank"? I see a few in those, or things that look like them in tiny tanks, but maybe they are different pollips!

Back
Top Bottom