Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #31
AA Team Emeritus
If the clownfish you are speaking of are the 3 links you posted on the first page, then they are all the same specie, Amphiprion ocellaris, but just different color patterns. You would not be mixing species, just color pattern within a specie. Amphiprion occellaris and percula can also be housed together since it is not uncommon for them to interbreed. In regards to bioloads, anything you add to the tank that produces a waste adds to your bioload, which includes corals, fish, inverts, etc.

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to pat8you
The web site where i got the links made it sound like it would be ok to put them in there together but others have been sayings it bad to mix different clowns. I don't know much about them but now i've got all different answers? I can see the logic in both. Anywhere i can research this to get some solid answers? I do think i will stay away from the maroon clowns since one person said they can be nasty towards other fish.

Any suggestions for a cleaner package? The rock looks like its starting to grow stuff so as soon as the levels are right i wanna get a cleaner crew in there before things get out of control. I had heard from other posts that crabs can get mean when they get big and are opertunistic eaters which can include fish or corals if they get a chance.

Thanks for everyones help

pat8you is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com