Acans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nhart608

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How close together can you place different colonies of acans. I know some can be more aggressive than others, but I would like to place two different colors of acan frags on the same LR. Any troubles ahead when they start growing together?

Thanks in advance of any advice.

you can touch them together. they won't hurt each other at all.
you can only put lords together with other lords, or echinatas with echinatas...you cannot touch lords to echinatas.

DSCF3393.jpgThanks Doug. And while I'm at it, I'll post of shot of my three headed beauty. Not sure if it has an "official name" for it's color, but I think it's a lord, right? Hard to get the colors as they appear, but it's kind of light maroon, white stripes with a mint green mouth.

yep. those are lordhowensis. maroon and green? how about "Nhart's christmas explosion acan lord"? how does that sound? there is no such committee or official group that names corals- it's all up to the hobbiest(sp?).

I rather enjoy the christmas explosion, makes me want a few actually!!!...and for it to be dec. (I enjoy Christmas a lot)

Back
Top Bottom