Acclimating coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nwsharksfan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I read somewhere that you're never supposed to acclimate corals together.. however I don't recall where I read that. I watched a couple youtube videos on acclimating coral - which appears no different than the process with fish which I'm well versed in - but in all the videos they acclimated their coral in one container. Is this ok? Need to know if I need to go out and stock up on more buckets.

Also, in one video the guy used coral rx to chase out hitchhikers. Do you do this? Is it necessary to the point that I should run out to the store today? I think most of the coral I'm getting are on plugs, not live rock rubble.

Thanks.

Just don't let them touch each other as they can sting each other. Otherwise it's fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I acclimate them together, but don't let anything touch or anything like that.
CoralRX is a great product and all should be dipped prior to going into the tank IMO.

So I received the coral. The ricordea was detached from the rubble it was shipped with - which is not that surprising ... but the toadstool leather was also detached from its plug. Is this a bad sign?

No that's just fine. You can glue the toadstool but the ricordea will go where it wants until it is happy since they can detach and attach themselves at will.

Do I have to glue the toadstool, or will it eventually attach itself? I have him resting in a bowl like groove in a rock right now so he doesn't get blown away. It's starting to open up.. or extend .. or whatever it does.

Back
Top Bottom