Acclimating inverts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
im getting my cleanup crew tomorrow which consists of snails and hermit crabs and 1 sand sifting star can i put all these in the same bucket and drip acclimate them or should i seperate each of them in seperate buckets if its the latter im gonna need more buckets lol

if they all came otu of the same tank, i'd assume they would all be in one bag and can be placed in the same bucket, but if they are in seperate bags its mainly because they are from different tanks with different water perameters.

if your LFS has one large sump connecting all thier tanks then it is possible but to be on the safe side just put them in seperate one gallon buckets

oh sorry i forgot to mention i ordered them online

i wouldn't drip anything but the starfish. i usually temp acclimate snails and crabs and toss them in.
shame about the sand sifter. that is one that is better left in the ocean. you don't have enough food to sustain it i'm afraid.

yea thats what i ended up doing just drip acclimated the star fish and temp acclimated the snails and crabs

i would drip shrimp. 30 minutes has been fine for me. as for snails, i've never dripped any, and they all seem to live.

Technically you should acclimate everything since the majority of invertebrates are sensitive to changes in salinity and does it really implicate you if you plan to acclimate the star anyways? Probably not. After temp acclimation for 10mins, check salinity and temp of all bags (most likely all from same water source), add to bucket, and acclimate for at least 60mins. For stars I'd acclimate longer, up to 2 hours.

Drip acclinated the star for an hour he crawled around for a while than buried himself in the sand lol

Back
Top Bottom